This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rachio. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love my freedom! Freedom to go on vacation whenever I want and freedom to enjoy my days without always having to go water my garden and my lawn. So, needless to say, when I learned about the Rachio smart sprinkler controller, I was very excited. Last week we received a Rachio 3 smart sprinkler controller. I’ve heard many good tings about the second generation Rachio controller, and was excited to to try the Rachio experience myself. It allows for a smarter way to water your lawn. It came nicely packed and included a technical specifications sheet and a company history/overview sheet. Very small and compact, it looks good in any home setting. It looks just like a small air conditioning controller (it also reminds me of my router :P)
Table of Contents
Installing The Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller
This weekend we replaced our old sprinkler controller with the Rachio3 smart Sprinkler Controller, and the installation was easy and painless. We started by disconnecting the wires and removing the old controller off the wall. Next we aligned the three screws on the wall and mounted the new controller We then connected the wires on the new controller including the rain sensor, went through the online set up with each zone and tested to make sure all zones were working correctly. Once everything was done and tested, we put the cover on the controller. I’m looking forward to a hands off lawn watering summer. And I’m thinking we might play around with this for the vegetable garden. We both hate battling mosquitoes while watering the vegetable garden in the evening! We first need to put in some soaker hoses (we’ve been thinking about it for quite some time: why didn’t we do it already?) Here’s a quick look at the app interface. I’m glad we got the Rachio 16 zone smart sprinkler controller so we can expand in the future, as needed. Of course, if you have a smaller yard, you can use the smaller Rachio 8 zone smart sprinkler controller.
7 reasons why I love the Rachio smart sprinkler controller
- It’s really easy to install, and compatible with any existing in-ground sprinkler system
- This system takes the guesswork out of watering our lawn (and soon garden). We have several types of plants that need different watering schedules and the Rachio does a great job of watering each at their assigned time without any intervention from us
- Saving water is another reason why I love it. It’s not just that itIsaves money by preserving water: I love saving water to keep our environment healthy, and this helps me do it easily
- It’s easy to control from anywhere via the Rachio app
- You can also control watering with voice commands (Alexa, Google Home) or using your favorite smart home platforms (SmartThings, Nest, IFTTT, etc.)
- Exclusive Weather IntelligenceTM automatically adjusts watering schedules based on weather at your home
- it’s affordable: $229.99 for an 8-zone unit and $279.99 for the 16-zone one
If you’d love more freedom to travel, or stay out of mosquito’s way, if you want to save water and money, or need to fix dead grass you might want to get your own Rachio smart sprinkler controller.