These April showers bring May flowers coloring pages are a cheery reminder that the dreary spring rains will end soon! Print out a pack of these free coloring pages to remind yourself of brighter days.
Although the month of April is known for wet weather, all the extra rain and longer days tell those underground spring bulbs to start blooming. So many beautiful flowers bloom in May, including lilac, anemones, roses, peonies, irises, and more. It’s a wonderful time to take in all the colors and textures!
These coloring pages also remind us that even challenging, unpleasant situations can lead to a bounty of beautiful flowers. They’re also perfect for sun lovers who need a little color to help them make it to summer.
Free Printable April Showers Bring May Flowers Coloring Pages
There are spring coloring pages for kids of all ages and adults. Use these to unwind after a stressful day or enjoy a little spring color amid the gray.
If you love spring flowers and want more pages to color than what I offer on this page, Amazon has some great spring coloring books.
April Coloring Page for Kids
These pages make great spring activities for kids stuck inside on a rainy day! The following pages were created with younger kids in mind who are still developing their fine motor skills. Coloring is also a fun way to practice color recognition.
May Flowers Coloring Pages for Adults
With more intricate designs and detailed patterns, these adult coloring pages are more suitable for adults. Teens or patient older kids will have a great time shading these flowers as part of a mindfulness break.
Tips & Tricks
- Road trip prep: These free coloring pages are a perfect addition to your kids’ spring break travel bag. They’ll keep them focused and calm for a while!
- Coloring materials: Use gel pens or artist-quality colored pencils to color the fine details on the adult coloring pages.
- Bulletin board ideas: Display these colorful flowers on a spring bulletin board with other spring designs, like an Easter egg, Easter bunny, or spring chicks.
- Celebrate Earth Day: Help your kids remember what they appreciate about Earth, like the beautiful spring flowers that add color to the world around them.
Fun Facts about May Flowers
- Dreary English weather: Did you know the phrase “April showers bring May flowers” comes from England? It was first published in the 1500s by English poet Thomas Tusser.
- April has flowers, too: Although this phrase makes it seem like the flower show begins in May, the earliest spring flowers begin blooming as early as January or February (snowdrops and early hellebores).
- April birth flowers: The April birth flowers are daisies and sweet peas, representing innocence and purity.
- May birth flower: May has only one birth flower, the Lily of the Valley, which symbolizes purity, joy, and luck.
More Spring Coloring Pages
Whether you love growing these spring flowers or just need some color to brighten your life, these coloring pages are perfect for everyone! Get your free instant download to start coloring today.
Adriana Copaceanu is a passionate nature lover living in the country on her dream property where she grows vegetables, lavender, and wildflowers that she shares with the wildlife they attract. When she's not in the garden, she loves spending time with her chickens and planning her next nature project. Check your her books below: