Have you ever thought about starting a vertical hydroponic garden? One look at the picture below will help you understand why vertical farming might just be the best growing option for your hydroponics farm.
Vertical farms have the potential of providing lots of produce, even when you have limited available space. The term “vertical garden” means plants climb UP, instead of sprawling OUT.
Books About Vertical Gardening
Plant Factory: An Indoor Vertical Farming System for Efficient Quality Food ProductionDIY VERTICAL GARDENING: What You Need to Know to Grow Organic Vegetable &Fruits for Your FamilyHydroponic Gardening: How To Grow 40 Pounds of Organic Produce 50% Faster With No Soil & No Yard
Advantages Of Vertical Gardens
- Growing a garden vertically maximizes a minimal amount of growing space. Just provide adequate nutrients, and you can grow a lot from just a few pots.
- Brings gardening to the urbanite. Many city folks do not even have a tiny yard available for gardening.
- Gaining in popularity are community rooftop or terrace gardens, shared by multiple gardeners, which take up little space. With careful planning and the right hydroponic system, an amazing amount of crops can result. For this reason, many urbanites choose to grow vertical gardens on a co-op basis.
Vertical Farming Disadvantages
- It may be harder to provide adequate and even supplemental lighting for indoor vertical gardens.
- Some crops are not suited to vertical hydroponic farming (i.e. corn)
- It can be more expensive: many pre-made vertical planting systems cost more than traditional pots. They are specially designed for easy set-up, maintenance, and operation, which can increase upfront costs.
Vertical Hydroponic Garden Ideas
You can do this two ways:
1. Use a conventional horizontally based hydroponic system but also provide a network of lattice, trellis, or strings to train vining crops UP.
2. Start with a vertical-based hydroponic system.
We recommend and sell this unit: FarmTek Hydrocycle Vertical Aeroponic System
If you want to be inspired, take a look at this short video. AMAZING!!!