It’s that time of the year, when no matter how hard you try, you’re never caught up. Having some simple slow cooker recipes is a must, and today I bring you several of them to try. Who doesn’t love dinner that literally cooks itself?
Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook: 1400 Best Slow Cooker Recipes! There was a time when I didn’t understand people’s love of crockpots (just another name for slow cookers). I was a lot younger and had more time. And it seemed to me waiting several hours for my soup, when I could have it in an hour, was a waste of time.
Now, I learned that you can do so much more with a slow cooker.
For example, I LOVE making my oatmeal in the slow cooker and have it waiting for me in the morning. This gets my day started right: no rush, no worries and waking up to the aroma of cinnamon (or other spices you love) in the morning is priceless.
Simple Slow Cooker Recipes
Here are some my favorite slow cooker recipes that are simple to make. Make sure to use some of the veggies you harvested and put away from your garden.
If you like Asian cuisine, you’ll fall in love with this recipe. I’m hungry just lookign at it. The combination of honey, blackberry jam, garlic, and a few other seasonings give it a taste like no other.
With only 3 ingredients, this is a no-brainer. You can use it in a pita sandwich, with chips, in a salad, etc. Have fun with it. And if you like it spicy, add so kick to it with a bit of cayenne pepper or your favorite hot pepper.
This delicious, healthy slow cooker Mexican shredded chicken recipe is as easy as it is versatile. Flavor-packed, this chicken is perfect for burrito bowls, lettuce wraps, or over a bed of flavorful cilantro-lime rice. Oh, so delicious!
A family favorite, this crock pot ravioli casserole is a must have i your rotation. It’s the kind of entree that leaves your palate asking for more 😉
5. Slow cooker Greek chicken pita pockets
I love Greek food, and this recipe won’t disappoint. Easy to make for a quick bite on the run, or for lunch at work, and even for dinner.
1 medium onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
1½ teaspoons lemon pepper
½ teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon ground allspice
4 pita pocket breads
½ cup plain yogurt
1 tomato, sliced
½ cup chopped cucumber
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
1. In slow-cooker, combine onion, garlic, chicken, lemon pepper, oregano, and allspice; mix to coat chicken with seasoning.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4–6 hours.
3. Heat pita bread as directed on package. Meanwhile, remove chicken from slow-cooker; place on cutting board. Using two forks, shred chicken.
4. To serve, stir yogurt into onion mixture in slow-cooker. Spoon chicken onto warm pita bread. With slotted spoon, transfer onion mixture onto chicken; top with tomato, cucumber, and red pepper strips.
6. Turkey spinach meatloaf in the slow cooker
Have you ever tried to make meatloaf in the slow cooker? Give this a try! You might be surprised at how good it is, and how easy to make.
7. Moroccan Coconut & Chick Pea Soup
Set this up before you go to work in the morning and come home to a delicious soup ready to eat. I love to add a spoon of sour cream: YUM!
3 cups light tasting vegetable broth
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large yam or sweet potato, peeled, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, diced
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, diced
1/2 cup chopped roasted green chiles- mild or hot, to taste
1 14-oz. can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
1 15-oz. can chick peas, rinsed, drained
1 14-oz. can coconut milk
1 lime, juiced
1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen curry paste (red or green), or to taste
A pinch cinnamon and cumin
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
8. Yummy crockpot baked potato soup
Baked potato soup: what a delicious way to eat potatoes! Add a few fixings and you got yourself the perfect comfort food ;)5 pounds russet potatoes, washed and peeled. Diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 small/medium yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced (if you use jarred, it’s a 2½ teaspoon equivalent. Or more if you choose)
- 64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened (I use low fat)
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- Top with optional garnishes: crumbled turkey bacon, shredded cheese, green onions
9. Crockpot chicken and noodles
YUMMY! Kids will be all over this one! Creamy and delicious, it’ll be gone in no time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 15 oz cans chicken broth
- 24 oz. frozen egg noodles
I hope I inspired you to get your slow cooker out and try some of these delicious meals for your family. They’ll get the nourishment they need, and you’ll get a bit of extra time for yourself 😉